Friday, July 4, 2014

Baking products

I think this blog is turning into a food blog soon. I'm only interested to blog about food. The making of it. Haha - It looks pretty to me - to review the process while enjoying the food in your mouth.

Here's a few things that I made recently. Some are repeated products with other recipe.

Do they look delicious? 


This bun is crazily soft and fluffy when I bite it. 
Too bad, I didn't have proper topping for the pizza. 
It would be wonderful seriously if I have.. sausage (the unhealthy food)


To obtain recipe, go to this POST

I did make some alternation to the recipe. Instead of putting everything together like in the recipe called for - I took the sugar, yeast,  1/3 of the milk, additional 1 teaspoon of hot water and additional 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a cup. Then, I double simmer it in a hot water bath for approximately 20-25 minutes until the yeast gets activated and rise. The smell is pretty bad but it makes the dough really good. 


.
.
.


The focus is the flower piping cream. 
I'm so happy with the cream. 
The blue matches the colour of my cupcake very well. 
If only the cake didn't crack that much, otherwise they should look perfect.


The interior has dragon fruit cream - yummy.


I just can't help it but to snap a photo of my newly bought toy - piping nozzle product.
It looks beautiful - - - ! 


I used another recipe to make this Hokkaido cupcake. It's from Hs Hs Vi. 

90g full cream milk 
30g Canola cooking oil 
20g sugar 
90g cake flour
5 egg yolks 
5 egg whites 
40g sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar 
topping cream 

Way of doing is similar to the one described in this blog post - HERE 

.
.
.



It looks pretty good. Pandan layer cake. However, I think I used the wrong agar powder. Instead of agar powder, I used the Konyaku jelly pwoder. Something is not quite right. Also, I think I put in too much of green pea powder. Everything is pretty good, except for the kaya around it. I'm still very happy to see how the cake gets out from the mold perfectly after it is chilled. =) I might try to do this again - using other flavour next time when I get the agar powder.

.
.
.


My double flavours chiffon cake didn't turn out quite good as I've expected it to be. It didn't rise that high. Probably because I over mixed the batter for too long. However, you can still see the double colours there. =) 

.
.
.




I was excited when this cake is frosted. I finally know how to use my DIY rotating table. Hahahaha - How dumb - I should have actually placed something heavy at the bottom whereby it allows the wheel to turn easier. Anyway, everything is working alright now. I guess this is the best frosting I've ever made so far. Still need to be improved further - I'm so excited looking at the lines formed. 


Ta-daaaaa
The English Lemon Gateu that gives me lots of compliments from many people - 
Hahahaha - 
Totally natural colouring using the Lemon and egg yolk 
It is beautiful!! 

I've done this before - however I used another cake base recipe from Hs Hs Vi. 
It's a 7 inches cake by the way.

Cake base recipe :
4 egg yolks
20g sugar
50g Canola cooking oil
60g milk
90g cake flour
4 egg whites
50g sugar
little bit of cream of tartar

Way of making is basic chiffon method.

To obtain the recipe of how to make the ganache - go to HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment