Friday, November 4, 2016

Hi-Fiber Cheesecake

Hi-Fiber Cheesecake 


9" loose base tin 
* I used 7" loose base tin (hence, my cake is a little tall, exactly the height of the cake tin) and reduced the recipe to half. 
If you have 8" tin, it should be perfect. You can yield larger but shorter cake. 

INGREDIENTS
  • BASE: 
  • 100gm oats
  • 80gm cornflakes (crushed) (I used bubble rice) 
  • 100gm raisins (I used dates) 
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar (I used 1 1/2 tbspn cuz I used dates) 
  • 125gm butter 
  • 1 tbsp honey/golden syrup (I used honey) 

  • FILLING: 
  • 750gm cream cheese (room tempeature)
  • 100gm brown sugar
  • 170gm honey/golden syrup (I used honey) 
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 30gm corn starch
  • 300gm UHT whipping cream
  • 4 eggs (beaten)
  • 80gm wheat germ (toasted) (I used quick oats) 
  • 100gm pistachios/walnuts (chopped coarsely) (I used pecans) 

  • TOPPING: 
  • 80gm multi grains (mixture of wheat germ,oats,cornflakes,raisins) (I used oats, sunflower seeds, bubble rice) 
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar 
  • (Mix all together)

STEPS: 
  1. Place oat and bubble rice in a plastic bag. Smash finely using rolling pin. 
  2. Melt butter in a pot. While liquid butter is hot, add raisins and brown sugar and stir till melted. 
  3. Mix in all the other base ingredients into the pot. Mix well. 
  4. Grease the cake tin with butter. 
  5. Place (3) on the bottom and flatten with the back of the spoon. 
  6. Bake the crust until you can see the edges leave the tin a little). I used Morgan's air fryer and it took about 15 minutes 160 degree Celsius). Leave aside to cool. 
  7. Whisk cream cheese, brown sugar, honey and vanilla extract for 3-5 minutes. 
  8. Add eggs and UHT cream. Continue whisking. 
  9. Add corn starch. Continue whisking.
  10. Stir in wheat germ and nuts using a spatula. 
  11. Pour the filling mixture (10) into the tin. 
  12. Mix all together topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of the cheese filling. 
  13. Steam bake 180 degree Celsius for 1 hour - 1 hour and 30 minutes. 
NOTES
  • I only preheated my oven at 150 degree Celsius 5-10 minutes before I put the cake tin into it. 
  • I changed the temperature to 170-180 degree Celsius when baking the cake cuz the cake is tall and I'm afraid it might not cook well. I baked it up to 1 hour + I guess you can take it out when you feel the cake has firmed up instead of jiggling. 
  • The sad part about this cake is that the topping makes the cake kinda messy when you slice the cake. 
Overall, my friends say it tastes just nice, not to sweet. Dad says it is a little sweet. So maybe, the sugar can be reduced a little bit. 8" loose base tin should do fine. I only have 7" one and the cake did rise a little after baked. It left 1 inch before it reaches the top of the tin.




I ate a few pieces already and gah - I go to the toilet quite often. 
So true as its name says.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment