Sunday, July 5, 2015

Homemade Applesauce

I don't know what applesauce is. I have to google it. I learned about this from many healthy diet videos. Also, I only tempted to do this when I needed it to replace partial of the butter in my butter cake recipe.

There are many videos around but I came down to this -

Homemade Applesauce

INGREDIENTS
(about 4 cups) 4 medium size apples (about 110g each without skin and seeds) 220cal
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water

Total weight: 245g 
Total calories: 220cal 
Per 100g of applesauce = 89.8cal 
1g of applesauce = 0.898cal 
1 tablespoon of applesauce (15g) = 13.47cal 

STEPS

  1. Peel the apples and remove seeds. Cut into small cubes. The smaller, the quicker it cooks.
  2. In a pot, add in all the measured ingredients.
  3. Cover the pot with its lid and let it simmer under low fire for 15-25 minutes until everything turns mushy when pressed with a potato masher tool. 
  4. Let it cool. 
  5. Ready to be used.
  6. Store in the refrigerator to keep it fresh for a week.

NOTES
  • This tastes way better than I thought. Of course, many said that it depends on the apples that you used. I just didn't know that it could taste this good and sweet! Seriously no need to add sugars in at all. The sweetness might let you think that it is from sugar but no, all from the fruits naturally. 
  • Some people add cinnamon powder. I might add next time. 
  • I used this to substitute half of the butter requirement in my durian butter cake recipe 
  • I also used it as my salad dressing for tonight's dinner. So awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment